Sunday, February 12, 2017

Get Messy Art 101 - Week 1

This new Get Messy season is all about changes for me. I'll be posting my Get Messy Habit on Sundays, so I have time to work through all the extra prompts that we are getting now. Also I'm mainly working on a large 22"x30" piece of watercolor paper and I want to give myself time to complete whatever that turns out to be.

Towards the end of this week, I did miss working in a journal, so I grabbed one I had made a few months ago and I'll be using that as well.

The first week's theme was all about watercolor. So I used watercolor, gouache and paint pens on this piece. I had no plan or idea of where this would go when I started working on it. This definitely evolved over the week and I just kept adding to it everyday until I thought it was done.





 


As for my journal I just made one quick spread that I really love. It may be my favorite one yet. I made a watercolor color chart last weekend and ever since, I've been obsessed with color swatches. I need to remember that and make them a go to element in my work. 



I've had a set of gouache for a while, but never gotten around to using it. I was actually thinking of adding it to my purge pile when we got a prompt to use gouache to paint faces. It was fun to make these but I need to work more with gouache to figure out the proper consistency. I tend to add to much water at this point. 


I'm really looking forward to getting started on my next 22"x30". Can't wait to see what prompts and tutorials next week brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment