Friday, January 13, 2017

Get Messy Gifts - Week 6

For the last week of Season of Gifts, I'm sharing a spread that I actually started after Christmas. I used my favorite wrapping paper, one I've actually had for a few years now. My plan was to paint in the left half and I might go back and do that still. But for now I'm sharing as-is because I also like the contrast between the lines and wrapping paper. 


This is a technique I learned in high school. Where you trace half of a sheet of pattern paper and then use the piece you traced to match the colors and paint it in. In school we used a light box, but I just used graphite paper. It's a great way to practice color mixing as well. 


For all of 2016, my Get Messy art journals have been handmade out of mixed media paper and all the same size. As much as I loved making them, I want to change this up for 2017. Work in whichever journal inspires me or in an altered book. I also just found sheets of watercolor paper, 22"x30", and I need to decide if I want to bind a journal out of or use it full size in some way. 







No comments:

Post a Comment