Friday, July 8, 2016

Get Messy Introspection - Week 5

I set a goal this season to try every prompt. Since I only made one spread last week, I
had some catching up to do.


I attempted a "brain dump." And then covered it up. They were ugly words, written in a moment of self pity. My idea was to have some kind of writing about needing to be selfish every once in while but I decided that would still be to negative for a spread that I really ended up loving. 


Turns out stamping over writing is a great way to create some hidden journaling. The stamped quote reads: "just keep following your heartlines" A slight difference on a Florence + the Machine lyric. 


I'm trying to push myself to cover up layers. This is my art journal, nothing is precious and I need to keep reminding myself to trust my artistic instincts. 


My own definition of intuition: "we all vibrate at our own frequency." It's why we all understand things differently, why we can all look at the same prompts and have an infinite amount of takes on it. 


Another page with layers that got really complicated. So I just painted red over the top and simplified the female drawing. I'm really happy with the contrast of the drippy brush script with the stamped word and white line drawing. 


My take on what my thoughts look like and what's been on my mind. Overlapping and circling in my mind, my thoughts seem to come out of nowhere. 


I used a white crayon to create a resist pattern and LOVE how it turned out. It's such a simple watercolor technique that I will no longer be over looking. 


Weekend Plans:
1. Visit friends upstate
2. Work on #heartjournal
3. Housekeeping
4. Photography #100dayproject collages










No comments:

Post a Comment