Friday, December 16, 2016

Get Messy Gifts - Week 2

Week two of Season of Gifts and we're dealing with the idea of living in the present. Of not just letting the days go by. This week I was really challenged with this. I have a few projects to finish up before the end of the year and I'm feeling the lack of time and find myself wondering where that time has gone.


Over the last few years, I felt like I was just existing. Just going through the motions of life. I'd find myself thinking and telling others that I couldn't even remember what I had done the previous week. And that was disheartening. I don't want to look back on the year and only remember the "big" events. 


I was inspired by Matisse's collages, where he would "paint with scissors." To me, theses shapes represent events passing by. Events that I'm trying to capture and remember and to not let the dark pain's gray overwhelm me. 


Weekend Plans:
1. See Rogue One
2. Christmas Potluck





No comments:

Post a Comment