Friday, June 24, 2016

Get Messy Introspection - Week 3

It's hard to believe another week is gone. At least I have two spreads to show for it. I was a little challenged by this weeks prompts, but I pushed through where I normally would've stopped.


I totally trusted my instinct/intuition for this page. I wanted to work with layers and give myself the freedom to use any colors I wanted. I'm really happy with how this spread evolved and ended up. There are areas underneath that are all covered up and knowing that adds a depth to the spread that otherwise wouldn't be achievable. 


Being my authentic self is an concept I've been spending a lot of time meditating on. I settled on five "ways of living" for myself, at this time: live with honesty, live with laughter, live with heart, live with gratitude, and live with art.


In my own life I'm coming to better understand God's gift of grace.



I was inspired by time lapse photography of the night sky, where the stars look like streaks across the sky. I went with a more muted galaxy to remind myself that God's words are often more quiet and for me, come softly when I'm ready to receive them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment